Saturday, January 27, 2018

Report Potholes in our Community







Dear Neighbour,

The weather has been taking a huge toll on our roads—this has been one of the worst winters for potholes that I can remember! The conditions on Lawrence, Ellesmere, Bellamy and many other roads have been downright dangerous. 

I have been reporting as many potholes as I can as I drive around our community, but there is only one
of me and there are hundreds of potholes. So, I am asking you to help identify exactly where potholes are, so that I can get City crews to fix them.

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of potholes that have been created by the frigid temperatures (sometimes minus 20 Celsius with the wind-chill factor), followed by snap warming periods (sometimes plus eight Celsius).

I know that it is a hassle to remember the exact details of a pothole location and then send me an email, but I am asking you to do this to protect your own safety and to prevent possible damage to your car—and to protect other drivers and community members.

To help us fix a pothole, please email me with the following details:

  • the exact location of the pothole (e.g., the nearest intersection, street address or landmark that will help us find the pothole)
  • the exact location within the road (e.g., the curb lane or passing lane)
  • the size of the pothole (e.g., the size of a baseball, a soccer ball, or a garbage can lid)
The sooner you report potholes, the sooner I can help get them fixed. When you report potholes quickly, the City can fix them before they become too large and dangerous. During good weather, potholes are usually fixed within five working days.


In addition, please let me know about any sunken sewer grates, dangerous sidewalks or broken curbs.

Finally, I want you to know that fixing our roads is a top priority for me, and I have worked with City staff to get millions of dollars of repaving done in our area. But, as fast as we fix one pothole, two more seem to appear, so there is still much work to be done!

Thank you,

Glenn De Baeremaeker
Councillor, Scarborough Centre
Deputy Mayor, East

P.S. If there are any other local issues that need my attention, please feel free to 
email me or call my office at 416-392-0204.















Copyright © 2018 Councillor Glenn De Baeremaeker, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are on the Glenn De Baeremaeker mailing list.

Our mailing address is:

Councillor Glenn De Baeremaeker

Scarborough Civic Centre

150 Borough Drive, 2nd floor

Scarborough, ON M1P 4N7

Canada



unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Visit helloglen.ca for information about Ward 38 events and some of the projects that I'm working on for you and our community.

Check out my Instagram account for photos from recent Scarborough Centre events: @glenndebaeremaeker








No comments:

Post a Comment